Notes for Channel 31 episode first aired Wednesday 25 February 2009
Chinese Shar Pei:
Dog training with Sidney Aarons:
Going to the beach with your dog
- Bayside: Sandown Street Off-leash Dog Beach
- Bayside: Map of all off-leash areas
- Mornington Peninsula: Details of off-leash areas with downloadable map and brochure
- Frankston: Details of dog-prohibited and “Free Roam” areas including downloadable brochure with list and map
- Kingston: Details and maps of various dog zones along the foreshore reserve
- Port Phillip: ‘Dogs on Beaches’ page with downloadable map
- Hobson’s Bay: Details of off-leash areas
- Greater Geelong: ‘Dogs on Beaches’ page with downloadable map
- Animal Aid are providing shelter, veterinary care, and food and bedding for domestic pets. If you want to help, they are looking for donations of various supplies as well as money for their costs. More info at Animal Aid.
- Dogs Victoria have a list of people needing and people offering dog-related help. They are also running a “virtual dog show“, into which you can enter any dog (even deceased ones!) for a fee of $10, which goes towards a bushfire help fund. All dogs entered will go into a catalogue as a memento.
Need stuff for your dog? Please support our sponsor, Mega Pet Warehouse.
They’re pretty damn cool. Oh, and tell ’em we sent you!